Tips and ideas for reusing fruit
Almost half (45%) of the fruit produced is lost. Such a pity! That is why we have listed a number of practical tips as inspiration for reusing fruit
Fruit dressing with oil, vinegar and a sweetener (sugar/honey). The dressing can be used with pasta, fruit or vegetable salads. Some combinations are:
- Mango / yogurt
- Cranberry / red fruit
- Strawberry / basil
- Red fruit / lime
- Orange / honey / mustard
- Raspberry / balsamic
- Lemon / thyme
- Apple / peach
- Make cake or bread from overripe fruits, such as:
- Banana bread
- Blueberry muffin
- Peach yoghurt cake
3. Grill pieces of pineapple or peach as a side dish.
4. Turn bananas or apples into chips.
5. Serve mixed fruit salads.
6. Make tutti frutti from leftover apple, apricot, plum and figs.
7. Fresh tea or iced tea. You can also use leftover or oddly shaped fruit for this. Puree the fruit and let it steep in water, before serving, drain it and you will have clear flavoured water
We like to learn from practice and are, therefore, curious about your story. Do you have more tips or would you like to comment on the content of this article? Share your experience with us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org